Monday

dream diary


Wow, you’re not going to believe this, but I had a dream last night that I actually vaguely remembered this morning, and all I can remember of it is that I was Gary Glitter’s manager, and I mean manager of him now not in his heyday, and I was trying to get him live gigs in the UK, and no one wanted him for the obvious reason, and then at a certain point I realized that I was a 12-year-old Thai boy, and I told Gary that he probably would have a better chance getting gigs if his manager wasn’t a Thai boy whose very existence reminded the people running the venues of why giving him a gig was not the greatest idea in the world, at which point I realized that he was Pierre Guyotat not Gary Glitter, and that I had been fucking up his career by mistakenly telling people he was Gary Glitter, and I felt really bad but, at the same time, glad that I wasn’t Gary Glitter’s manager.

Dennis Cooper

1 comment:

  1. ha! glad you posted this! it deserved to be extracted/highlighted...

    ReplyDelete